Bridal Head Table Decoration Ideas – After the wedding ceremony, guests gather at the reception to eat, drink, dance and celebrate the newlyweds. Usually the newly married couple sits at the table with friends or family. During dinner, toasts and other reception activities, wedding guests spend a lot of time looking at the head table.
Whether you have booked a large banquet hall for hundreds of guests or are hosting a beautiful backyard wedding, the centerpiece of any wedding should look amazing. That being the case, we have compiled this list of wedding table ideas and designs to help you set out your special seating arrangement.
Bridal Head Table Decoration Ideas
In this post, we look at different wedding table ideas, design tips, layout options and more. To help you inspire special seating on your big day, we’ve put together a list that covers everything from setting and style to decor and design.
Pretty Head Table Ideas: From Big Traditional To Intimate Sweetheart
Before you start designing the layout and choosing decor for your wedding table, talk to your partner. Discuss how you want to spend your wedding reception and go from there. Some couples want to celebrate surrounded by the wedding party, while others prefer a little more privacy.
There are many different types of wedding venues, and much of wedding planning revolves around the size and layout of the space you have available. There are three basic wedding table configurations to choose from:
Modern wedding planning comes with a lot of freedom and couples face much less pressure to plan
Wedding Table Decoration, Linens
Wedding. Whether you choose a more traditional seating style or prefer to do something completely out of the ordinary, there are many ways to customize and make your wedding table.
Don’t get ahead of yourself by coming up with elaborate designs for your wedding table or choosing decorations before you’ve neglected the basics. Start by sketching simple outlines of your wedding table and fill in the rest later.
Once you know what layout you’re working with, you can start creating the wedding table of your dreams. Create an inspiring head table by adding distinctive design elements.
Chair Covers Of Lansing: Table Decorations
1. Elegant drapery. To add an air of elegance to your wedding table, hang gathered material around the table to create an early intricate drape. Place tulle around the head table by tucking the fabric every three feet or by gathering a satin drape between the settings. For whimsical weddings, beautiful drapery creates airy and simple draperies.
2. Clean and modern. Forgo drapes or even a tablecloth to create a clean, modern look for your wedding table. Rather than creating shape or adding extravagant decor to the table itself, focus more on the tabletop; add small, simple accents that make the table stand out.
3. Silhouette. Create a beautiful border that surrounds the head of the table to make it stand out. Use weight balloons, an arch, hanging plants or other creative borders.
Centerpiece Ideas For Any Wedding Style
4. Mix and combine. You can certainly choose suitable seating for your table, and make many pairs. However, if you want to mix things up, consider mixing and matching your wedding table chairs. Play with chair styles, sizes, materials or even colors.
5. Atypical tables. Show a unique table as the center of the table. Instead of designing a heavily decorated table, choose a beautiful wooden table with lively edges or an antique one with intricately carved legs. Let the furniture shine.
6. Side slots. Consider placing the newlyweds on one side of the head table with friends and family around. The newlyweds will be together, but still their families are close.
Brunch Table Decorations: 15 Simple Setting Ideas
7. Unique or dramatic stills. Include uniform chairs for the wedding party, but seat the newlyweds in something spectacular instead! The newlyweds can enjoy the luxurious comfort of an oversized plush love seat or soft bench together. We also love this option for themed weddings. Imagine a couple of newlyweds marrying it above their guests on a high throne of plastic swords at a Game of Thrones themed wedding!
Decorating the chairs is an easy and affordable way to take your wedding table design to the next level.
8. Woven sashes. Simply weave fabric over the chair backs to add a fairytale feel to your wedding table. Although you can use a variety of materials to weave chair wings, such as lace, burlap, satin or polyester, chiffon is the easiest material to work with.
Stunning Banquet Tables For Your Reception
9. Hang name tags. Skip the predictable place cards and opt for a hanging name tag instead. Create personalized hanging signs for each guest seated at your wedding table. Use colorful paint, rhinestones or sequins to personalize any name tag, or create personalized wooden signs for a rustic wedding. Name tags can be hung on the back of each chair to help guests find their seats, and they make great take-home gifts for members of the wedding party.
10. Flower arrangements. Small floral arrangements can help make standard chairs a little more formal. Hang small, nondescript flower arrangements on the back of the table to set them apart from the rest of the reception.
11. Add clothing. Instead of decorating the backs of your chairs, consider putting personalized jackets over everyone’s backs as a “thank you” to the members of your wedding party. Add titles, names or other quirky accents to the jackets that signify the special day. Matching jackets will make for great photos and your table guests can wear them when the reception gets chilly!
Top 20 Rustic Country Wedding Sweetheart Table Ideas
12. Replacement blankets. Having a winter wedding? Cover the wedding table chairs with decorative plush blankets to keep guests warm.
13. Origami ornaments. Hang paper ornaments of any design to create a unique headboard backdrop that fits your style. A variety of vibrant paper flowers, fancy hanging paper cranes, and even paper airplanes make great hanging backdrops.
14. Cane floral background. Create or order a standing floral backdrop for a bouquet-style table setting. To save money on your wedding flowers, build your own with artificial flowers and a stand display.
Diy Head Table Decor: Diy, Decorations, Lights
15. Upper leaves. Hang a large wooden flower box or several small flower boxes for an airy table setting. Add lush floral garlands, trailing ivy or large foliage to create a lush yet natural backdrop. Combine lush greenery overhead with a clean, minimalist wedding table design. Add gold accents to tie everything together!
16. Delicate draperies. Consider draping delicate fabrics to create a clean, cosmopolitan table setting. When combined with a draped table, this design creates an undeniable sense of luxury.
17. Overhead Arch. Decorate a wooden arch with garland, flowers, lace, satin drapery or a variety of other decorations that match your wedding style to create a simple yet stunning backdrop. Most wedding altar ideas and decorations can be repurposed to match the table setting.
Head Table For The Newlyweds At The Wedding Hall Stock Photo
18. Funky statement background. Choose a wedding head table backdrop that has cool shapes, funky patterns or unique colors – really have fun with it! Add neon lights or attach a tube light that flashes the initials of the newlyweds.
19. View of the square. Does your wedding venue also have a spectacular view? If so, you can let the natural beauty of your surroundings become the backdrop to your wedding table. Place the main table in front of large bay windows or glass doors to show the setting of the place.
When planning a wedding or designing the reception, not many of us are lighting in the equation. However, lighting plays a major role in the overall design and decoration of the event space. Experiment with different lighting styles and how they change the aesthetics of your wedding table ideas.
Sweetheart Table Ideas You’ll Fall Head Over Heels For
20. Hanging chandelier. Does your wedding venue have decorative chandeliers above the perfect table setting? If so, take advantage. Ask your wedding venue about hanging restrictions, setup rules, and if there are different lighting installation options. Purely decorative chandeliers can be easily removed before and after the event, as long as the space allows.
21. Mixed lighting. Incorporating multiple styles of lighting can help add dimension and atmosphere to a wedding table. Place small candles on the table with hanging lights above for a soft glow. Place tall, pointed candles on the table to pair with soft floor lamps and dim ceiling lighting above.
22. Hang tea lights. Place LED tea lights in light clear containers, such as a clear ornament or plastic terrarium. Add greenery, decorative beads and other small accents, or keep the design simple by adding just the tea light. Hang the glowing orbs above the headboard for cool, heavenly style.
Wedding Head Table Photos
23. Dramatic lighting. Add dramatic lighting to the table by hanging a neon sign with your name on top. Order giant illuminated initials for the centerpiece or shine a spotlight on the table to draw guests’ attention to the happy couple.
Decorate your wedding table to match your style; choose what you are comfortable with. While some couples embrace embellishments and over-the-top style, others like to keep it simple.
24. Lace Table Runner. We love lace table runners for their versatility. With many styles, designs, colors and patterns to choose from
Choosing A Sweetheart Table Vs. Head Table
Decoration ideas for bridal showers, bridal party table decoration, bridal party table decoration ideas, head table decoration ideas, bridal shower table decoration, bridal table decoration ideas, bridal shower decoration ideas, bridal party decoration ideas, bridal decoration ideas, bridal table decoration ideas wedding, table decoration for bridal shower, bridal shower table decoration ideas