Ideas For Decorating Dining Room Table For Christmas – In this post: If you’re looking to bring a little Christmas flair to your dining room, these holiday decorating ideas will inspire you to entertain at home.⇒
I started the season with a pretty solid idea of where I wanted to go with my color palette, then experimented with a few twists and ended up going back to my original plan.
Ideas For Decorating Dining Room Table For Christmas
In particular, that means a mixed-metal color scheme, lots of white, green, and subtle accents of rose pink. I used this approach to add a layer of holiday elegance to our dining room, but if the concept works well, I may go back and change some of our other rooms. Here’s how I used them for holiday dining room decorating ideas.
Christmas Table Ideas
The centerpiece of the room, even if it is in the corner, is a beautiful flowering tree. I love the richness of the shield and how it makes the room light and it’s easy to trim because the branches are so fluffy. I started with just gold, silver and white, but it wasn’t complete until I added a pink blush. Although I wanted a soft neutral look, the pink tones are soft and tone the entire space.
On the sideboard, I kept the wreathed cherub that always sits there and added a vignette of glitter cones and bottle trees. I used small stained glass trees on the front and some greenery to frame the presentation.
The centerpiece of the table is a vintage dough bowl filled with holiday greenery, and then I added mini green hydrangeas, blush peonies, and white tulips on top to reflect the palette of decorating the tree.
Dining Room Ideas
To bring out the decor on the other side of the room, I hung crocheted fisherman’s socks with green bits inside and dropped large crystal drops from the knobs on the booth.
In addition to color, I like to play with different shapes and sizes, and my jewelry includes both tips and balls for a more interesting look. This tree is so full that it didn’t need much for decoration, so I skipped the ribbons and garland and even left the top off.
However, I placed a row of gift boxes under the tree and used a snow white faux fur coat instead of the traditional skirt.
Tips For Decorating The Dining Room For Christmas
The overall look of the room is a mix of gloss and shine with a more natural green that uses the contrast between warm and cool.
This room hits the mark I was hoping for this year, keeping the neutral palette she wears year-round, but adding enough decorations and soft colors to dress it up appropriately for the holidays. With vintage crystal and gilding as part of a room’s year-round decor, all that’s left to do is light the candles and enjoy the soft glow!
To view, click on the products below for direct product links. Where the actual item was no longer available, I offered similar options.
Modern Farmhouse Dining Room Filled With Cozy Christmas Decor
Have you been to the store? Click on the images below to shop My Love, My Home, and My Amazon Store. New items are added every week. Happy shopping!! Christmas is just around the corner and it’s time to think about how you’re going to set your dinner table for your family and friends this season. Whether you’re hosting a Christmas party, holiday brunch or dinner, you’ll need a delicious menu, festive dishes, cocktails and beautiful decorations. We’ve put together a collection of Christmas table decoration ideas that you can recreate in your own home.
We have tips and tricks and all the links for DIY tutorials. We’ve put together a few styles to spice up your mood, any of these tablescapes are sure to delight your guests. From chic and glamorous to rustic and country chic, we’ve got it all. From sparkling decor to natural elements of pine cones, fresh greenery, twigs and berries.
Take a look below for some fantastic inspiration and let us know which ideas were your favorites and why!
Christmas In The Dining Room
1. This farmhouse-style Christmas scene with decor under $100, all from one of our favorites, World Market. Don’t forget to add fresh herbs for texture and flavor. (via Lauren McBride’s blog)
2. Here are the details of this farmhouse-inspired table setting featuring the Gold Wave dinnerware collection from World Market. (via Lauren McBride’s blog)
3. Fill the dough bowl with large ornaments, pine cones, sprigs of greenery – real or faux, and some faux blueberries for color. (via Instagram @Farmhouseredefined)
Christmas Table Centrepiece Ideas
4. A mix of glam and rustic decorate this holiday table centerpiece with mason jars. The bottom layer is Espom salt, then new elements added include blueberries and freshly cut juniper sprigs. (via Yellow Bliss Road)
6. The menu and decor elements of this table were completely inspired by rosemary! (Brittany Wood Photography for Jenni Kayne)
7. Rosemary style table decoration detail shows a beautiful floral bouquet, sprigs of rosemary and a plain white plate decorated with a folded linen napkin. The menu is a nice touch. (Brittany Wood Photography for Jenni Kayne)
Top 40 Dining Hall Decorations For Christmas
8. A checkered tablecloth sets the stage for this rustic table setting. The nature center includes new plantings (Leyland cypress), apples, chestnuts, cones, ornaments and candle carvings. Tip: Leyland cypress is an ideal evergreen for fresh use because it does not release sap like cedar, spruce or pine. (via The House With the Boat)
9. A simple DIY wooden box used in the center of a dining table creates an attractive focal point. The box is lined with birch wallpaper and filled with flower squares made of foam, greenery and candles. Furniture legs help support the drawer on the table. (via Fynes Designs)
10. This decor was inspired by a black and white lyrical Christmas carol. Additional accessories include: painted jars filled with boxwood branches and tied with black and white synthetic ribbon, deer moss, small faux birch trees, and jars filled with faux snow and candles. Get a DIY tutorial on how to make a table runner at the link. (with a view of the refrigerator)
Creative Ideas On Decorating A Dining Table
11. These Christmas napkins will add a festive touch to your dinner this holiday season. Get instructions from the link. (via Publix)
12. The frosty landscape of the winter wonderland is decorated in blue and white, with several variations of apple green. This airy color combination will give your dining room a fresh and casual aesthetic. A white tablecloth and crockery make the perfect backdrop for the colors to really pop. The centerpiece includes a cedar wreath topped with frosted pine cones and sugar balls. The finishing touch is a blue and white butter fabric ribbon. (via A Pop of Pretty)
13. This gift-wrapped service adds a fun twist to the winter wonderland pictured above. Each place on the table receives a gift, the color of which matches the rest of the table. Just add decorative ribbon, pine cones and sugar ball decorations. (via A Pop of Pretty)
Simple Christmas Table Decor Ideas For Easy Chic Dining
14. For the centerpiece of this holiday table, the blogger used a mirror to help reflect light. He lifted the mirror and placed it on a large plate. Sparkling ornaments complement clear glass vases, while green fountains and pine cones accent the centerpiece. Tip: Dip wine glasses in corn syrup and sprinkle with sugar to add a frosty touch! (36th Ave.)
15. We love the simplicity of these DIY Cranberry Wreath mini cards. Decorate your table with this new idea in just a few simple steps. Simply glue the blueberries to a piece of wire, twist the wire around, add a few scraps of wood, and attach kraft paper, flag-shaped tags (printed with your guests’ names) to each. (say yes) through
17. Elegant decoration of the festive dining room. Instead of one runner running the length of your table, try a different look this holiday season. Decorate with three sticks placed along the shorter length of your table. Now they serve as coasters. Add fresh herbs and candles and you’re good to go! (via Hausiology)
Inspiring Christmas Decor Ideas To Elevate Your Dining Table
18. This beautiful tablescape has a bird ornament attached to each table. Each of your guests can take home something memorable from the dinner and use it to decorate their tree! (via Hausiology)
19. This striking red and green table setting combines patterns to create an elegant aesthetic. For ugliness, opt for baker’s twine instead of fancy napkin rings. Add evergreens to each table setting to add a festive touch. (via Hausiology)
20. Exquisite Christmas table decoration in white, hessian and soft green colors. Antlers and a wooden white star make an interesting farmhouse table centerpiece. (via RedAgape Blog)
Kitchen Christmas Decorating Ideas
21. This blogger table view features a striped fabric tablecloth from IKEA, complemented by tray plates from HomeGoods. new
Ideas for decorating dining room for christmas, dining table decorating ideas for christmas, christmas decorating ideas for dining room table, dining room christmas decorating ideas, fall decorating ideas for dining room table, decorating your dining room table for christmas, decorating christmas dining room table, decorating dining room table for christmas, decorating dining room table ideas, decorating ideas for dining room table, christmas dining table decorating ideas, christmas decorating ideas for dining room chairs